American Family Business Day 2017
20th May 2016 Paul Andrews
Family Business United unveils plans to bring together the US family business community in a day of recognition! Get involved!
Today is September 19, 2017 and it is US Family Business Day.
We are dedicating the FBU twitter feed today to celebrating the contribution that family firms make to the US economy and the communities in which they operate so please do follow the day on the FBU twitter feed (@familyBizpaul) and join us in the conversation. Throughout the day we will be sharing facts, interesting US family business pieces and engaging with the family business community in the US too. Post any comments to twitter using the hashtag #USFamilyBizDay and we will try our best to retweet and comment on as many pieces as possible.
As Paul explains, “There are millions of family firms across the USA and they really are the backbone of the US economy. All too often the endeavours of the family business sector are dismissed in favour of their non-family counterparts and the aim of American Family Business Day is to champion the sector, put family firms on the map and help to dispel the myths surrounding the family business sector.”
Family businesses the length and breadth of the country are being encouraged to take part, sharing their pride and demonstrating their family ownership via a social media campaign using the hashtag #USFamilyBizDay and posting banners on social media stating their ‘pride in being one of the family firms in the USA today.'
Family Business United is a global champion of the family business sector sharing news, insights, research and best practice through its award-winning online platform and innovative events.
As Paul concludes, “We have created a day for all family firms to be proud of and by providing them with the resources needed to get involved are looking forward to a day of celebration that will undoubtedly put family firms on the map. There is a phenomenal amount of pride being demonstrated by family firms across the USA and with a great volume of social media traffic and the plan is to make 2017 a true family business celebration.”
“Family businesses deserve all the support and recognition they get and we are proud to be championing this initiative to put them on the map”
Join our twitter chat at 1pm (ET) and 7pm (GMT) to diuscuss the US family business sector where the following questions will be posed:
- How important are family businesses to the US economy?
- What are the strengths of US family firms?
- What are the major challenges facing family firms today?
- How can family businesses stay innovative, while preserving their heritage and identity?
- What should current leaders do to ensure a smooth leadership transition?
- What’s the #1 thing #fambiz should do to prepare NextGen leaders for ownership?
- Any tips for a family business’s first non-family CEO?
- Only 10% of PwC's family firm survey respondents are women. What can family businesses do to promote equal gender opportunity?
- How can family businesses plan strategically for the long term?
- Who are great family firms that you see as real exemplars in the family business space?
- What makes family businesses special?
I hope to engage with you on social media later today!!