C. Hoare & Co.
Business Address: C. Hoare & Co. 37 Fleet Street, London EC4P 4DQ
Business Email: Send message
About C. Hoare & Co.
C. Hoare & Co. is the only independent survivor of the private deposit banks which were established in the 17th and 18th centuries. Today, we combine our traditional values with a modern approach to banking and take pride in delivering an outstanding service tailored to our customers' needs.
C. Hoare & Co. is the sole survivor of the private deposit banks which were established in the 17th and 18th centuries. The bank has been owned and directed by members of the Hoare family since it was founded by Richard Hoare in 1672.
In the days before street numbering, businesses were identified by signs. Richard Hoare traded at the 'Sign of the Golden Bottle' in Cheapside.
In 1690 he moved the business to new premises in Fleet Street within the City of London, the site of today’s Head Office.
The bank is well capitalised with our customer lending and investments under discretionary management now standing at over £1 billion.
Whilst standards in banking have come under increasing scrutiny, we have not found it necessary to change our business model or our belief in fairness, honesty, independence. With this in mind, we have embraced the work of the Parliamentary Commission on Banking Standards.